National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
Every March 1st, a special holiday is celebrated. A holiday that’s dedicated to one of the most loved and versatile foods in the world. And as most people will probably know by now, the food we’re talking about is peanut butter and the holiday we’re talking about is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day.
This is a day the peanut butter lovers are going to want to mark on their calendar. Peanut butter is not only a great straight out of the jar but pairs perfectly with jelly, chocolate, and even maple syrup. So everyone who fancies this high-protein spread should have a lot of fun celebrating this holiday.
Interesting Facts About Peanut Butter
Let’s go over some interesting facts about peanut butter before we talk about how this holiday is observed. And as we dug into the subject matter, we realized that peanut butter is a lot more fascinating than we initially thought. If you don’t believe us, then read the following peanut butter facts and decide for yourselves.
- Peanut butter & jelly was first used in a recipe in 1901.
- Americans spend approximately $800 million a year on peanut butter.
- In the United Kingdom, approximately $75 million a year is spent on peanut butter.
- About 75% of all American homes have at least one jar of peanut butter.
- Peanuts aren’t actually nuts but they’re actually legumes.
- The Hershey’s Peanut Butter Cup was invented by Harry Burnett Reese in 1928.
- According to most studies, men like chunky peanut butter better than smooth peanut butter.
Observing National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
Let’s see, what are some ways that this holiday can be observed? A person can take the time to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, peanut butter on crackers, or even enjoy a peanut butter ice cream.
Or, if they wish, they can cook with peanut butter and make dishes such as peanut curry chicken, Casablanca chili, or Thai peanut stir fry. People can also use the hashtag #NationalPeanutButterLoversDay on their social media accounts.