Celebrated annually on January 26th, National Spouses Day is an unofficial holiday which encourages couples to celebrate each other on this day. On this day, people are supposed to take time out of their busy schedule to show just how important their spouse is to them. After all, the love that isn’t tended is most likely the one that doesn’t thrive. This holiday shouldn’t be confused with Military Spouses Day – a holiday which falls on May 12th.
History of National Spouses Day
Unfortunately, no one really knows who created National Spouses Day. Most likely it was created after Military Spouses Day was created in 1984. However, it only really began to gain popularity in the U.S during the 2000s.
Interesting Facts About Marriage
- The average married couple has sex once a week
- 20% of married couples have a sex-less marriage
- It’s legal to marry someone who is dead in France
- Over 300 couples marry in Las Vegas every single day
- The 3rd year of marriage is usually the happiest for most couples
- Every hour, there are a 100 divorces in the United States
- Interracial marriage was banned in the U.S up until 1967
- Gamophobia is the fear of commitment
- Wedding rings go back to Ancient Egypt
Celebrating National Spouses Day
If you want to celebrate this holiday, the best way to do it is to show your spouse some love, appreciation and affection. Perhaps take them out for a candlelight dinner, go to the movies with them or give them card. This day can be celebrated in just about any way, as long as your spouse is an the central part of the celebration.
Celebrating National Spouses Day is a great way to reconnect with your spouse and keep that spark alive. Besides, studies have shown that couples who take time out of their schedule to spend it with their significant others are more likely to stay married.
When is National Spouses Day?
|This year (2020)||January 26 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2021)||January 26 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2019)||January 26 (Saturday)||Multiple dates - more|