|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|International Day of Human Space Flight||-||International (Products & Technology , Science, United Nations)|
|Grilled Cheese Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Yuri's Night||-||Unofficial (Nature & Environment, Products & Technology )|
|National Big Wind Day||-||Unofficial (Nature & Environment, Weird & Obscure)|
|National Licorice Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Seventh Day of Passover||Argentina||Observance|
|Martyrdom of Imam Ali||Iran||National Holiday|
|Pesach VII (Last day of Passover)||Israel||National Holiday, Hebrew|
Historical Events on April 12
- 1776: The North Carolina Provincial Congress authorizes its delegation to vote for independence from Great Britain.
- 1807: The magazine of Fort Ricasoli is blown up by mutineers, thereby ending the Froberg Mutiny.
- 1831: The Broughton Suspension Bridge in Manchester, England collapse when soldiers march on it.
- 1861: In Charleston Harbor in South Carolina, the American Civil War officially begins when Confederate forces fire upon Fort Sumter.
- 1862: The Andrews Raid begins during the American Civil War.
- 1864: At the Battle of Fort Pillow during the American Civil War, most of the African-American soldiers that surrendered were killed by Confederate forces.
- 1865: During the American Civil War, the Union Army seizes Mobile, Alabama.
- 1917: Vimy Ridge is seized from the Germans by Canadian forces during World War I.
- 1945:S Vice President Harry Truman becomes the President of the United States when President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies in office.
- 1945: The United States 9th Army led by General William H. Simpson reaches Tangermunde – which is just fifty miles away from Berlin.
- 1955: The polio vaccine is declared safe.
- 1970: A Soviet K-8 submarine sinks in the Bay of Biscay just 4-days after a fire erupted on board. This submarine was carrying 4 nuclear-armed torpedoes.
- 1981: The Space Shuttle Columbia is launched during the STS-1 Mission.
- 1992: The Euro Disney Resort and Euro Disneyland open up. Its name would eventually be changed to Disneyland Paris.
- 1999: In a civil lawsuit, U.S President Bill Clinton is cited for contempt of court. He would later be given a fine and disbarred.
Famous Birthdays on April 12
- American author and historian, Tom Clancy is born in 1947.
- American businessman Woody Johnson is born in 1947.
- American actor Dan Lauria is born in 1947.
- American comedian and TV talk show host, David Letterman is born in 1947.
- American actor Nicholas Brendon is born in 1971.
- American actress Shannen Doherty is born in 1971.
- Australian actress Belinda Emmett is born in 1974.
- American actress Marley Shelton is born in 1974.