|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Day of Trees||Colombia||Observance|
|International Dance Day||-||Unofficial (Activity & Action, Fun & Joy)|
|National Peace Rose Day||-||Unofficial (Nature & Environment)|
|National Zipper Day||-||Unofficial (Lifestyle)|
|National Shrimp Scampi Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Rebuilding Day||-||Unofficial (Activity & Action)|
|National Sense of Smell Day||-||Unofficial (Health & Body)|
|National Pool Opening Day||-||Unofficial (Activity & Action)|
|National Kiss of Hope Day||-||Unofficial (Relationships & Family)|
|Shōwa Day||Japan||National Holiday|
|Hung Kings Festival||Vietnam||National Holiday|
|Astronomy Day||-||Unofficial (Hobby & Creativity, Science)|
Historical Events on April 29
- 1770: James Cook arrives at a part Australia – which he names Botany Bay.
- 1781: At the Battle of Fort Royal during the American Revolutionary War, French and British forces
- 1861: Maryland’s House of Delagates votes to remain in the Union during the American Civil War.
- 1862: Union forces under Admiral David Farragut capture the city of New Orleans in Louisiana during the American Civil War.
- 1903: Seventy people are killed in Frank, Canada during a landslide.
- 1916: During World War I, the United Kingdom’s Sixth Indian Division surrenders at the Siege of Kut.
- 1945: During World War II, Germany forces in Italy surrender to the Allies.
- 1945: Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun marry in a bunker in Berlin before he designates Admiral Karl Donitz as his successor. Hitler and Braun would be married less than 40-hours before they would both commit suicide.
- 1945:S forces liberate Dachau Concentration Camp on this day.
- 1970:S and South Vietnamese troops invade Cambodia to search for Viet Cong forces during the Vietnam War.
- 1975: Before North Vietnam can take over South Vietnam, the United States begins evacuating U.S citizens from the city of Saigon during Operation Frequent Wind. This will mark the end of U.S involvement in the Vietnam War.
- 1986: Over four hundred thousand items are destroyed at the Los Angeles Public Library system’s Central Library – most of them books.
- 1991: Southeastern Bangladesh is hit with a cyclone which kills almost 140,000 people and leaving as many as 10 million people homeless.
- 1991: Almost 300 people are killed by an earthquake in Georgia.
Famous Birthdays on April 29
- American publisher William Randolph Hearst is born in 1863.
- American physicist Marietta Blau is born in 1894.
- American illustrator Mary Petty is born in 1899.
- American singer-songwriter Willie Nelson is born in 1933.
- American singer April Stevens is born in 1936.
- American singer-songwriter Tommy James is born in 1947.