|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Public Service Day||-||International (Appreciation & Honor, Work & Occupation, United Nations)|
|International Widows' Day||-||International (Awareness & Cause, Relationships & Family, United Nations)|
|National Day||Luxembourg||National Holiday|
|Victory Day||Estonia||National Holiday|
|Typewriter Day||-||Unofficial (Products & Technology )|
|National Pink Day||-||Unofficial (Lifestyle)|
|National Hydration Day||-||Unofficial (Health & Body)|
|National Pecan Sandies Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Midsummer Eve||Multiple [Show]||Multiple Types|
|Jura Independence Day||Switzerland (Jura)||Common Local Holiday|
Historical Events on June 23
- 1683: A “Friendship Treaty” is signed between William Penn and Lenni Lanape Native Americans in Pennsylvania.
- 1713: The French residents of Acadia are given an ultimatum by Great Britain: either leave Nova Scotia, Canada or pledge allegiance to the British Crown.
- 1757: At the Battle of Plassey, 3,000 British troops under Robert Clive manage to defeat the 50,000 strong Indian Army.
- 1758: At the Battle of Krefeld during the Seven Years’ War, French forces are defeated by the combined Prussian, Hanoverian and British forces.
- 1760: At the Battle of Landeshut during the Seven Year’s War, Prussia is defeated by Austria.
- 1770: The Battle of Springfield during the American Revolution is fought in New Jersey.
- 1810: The Pacific Fur Company is founded by John Jacob Astor.
- 1812: During the War of 1812, Great Britain removes the restrictions placed on American commerce.
- 1860: The Government Printing Office is established by the U.S Congress.
- 1865: Confederate Brigadier General Stand Watie surrenders at Fort Towson in the Oklahoma Territory during the American Civil War.
- 1868: A patent for the typewriter is give to Christopher Latham Sholes on this date.
- 1887: The first national park in Canada is created when the Rocky Mountains Park Act becomes law on this date.
- 1940: Adolf Hitler, architect Albert Speer and sculptor Arno Breker go on a 3-hour tour of Paris to study the city’s architecture.
- 1942: The German Focke-Wulf Fw 190 accidentally lands at RAF Pembrey in Wales allowing the fighter aircraft to be captured intact during World War 2.
- 1947: The U.S House Of Representatives override United States’ President Harry Truman’s veto of the Taft Hartley Act.
- 1951: The SS United States is launched on this date.
Famous Birthdays on June 23
- Romanian author and poet, Magda Herzberger is born in 1926.
- American singer-songwriter and actress, June Carter Cash is born in 1929.
- American novelist Richard Back is born in 1936.
- Finnish captain, 10th President of Finland and Nobel Prize laureate, Costas Simitis is born in 1936.
- American sculptor Scott Burton is born in 1939.
- American actress Frances McDormand is born in 1957.
- American director and screenwriter, Joss Whedon is born in 1964.
- American actress Selma Blair is born in 1972.