|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Geok Tepe Memorial Day||Turkmenistan||Public Holiday|
|Zanzibar Revolution Day||Tanzania||Public Holiday|
|Kiss A Ginger Day||-||Unofficial (Relationships & Family, Weird & Obscure)|
|National Pharmacist Day||-||Unofficial (Work & Occupation)|
|National Curried Chicken Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Marzipan Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Lee-Jackson Day||United States (Virginia)||State Holiday|
|Berber New Year||Algeria||Public Holiday|
|National Youth Day in India||-||Unofficial (Culture & History)|
|National Hot Tea Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
Historical Events on January 12
- 1915: A proposal that would require that States give women the right to vote is stuck down by the U.S House of Representatives.
- 1916: Max Immelmann and Oswald Boelcke each receive the Pour le Merite for their aerial victories over Allied airplanes. They become the first German pilots to earn this esteemed award and was the German Empire’s highest military award that could be given to a pilot.
- 1932: Hattie Caraway takes her place in history on this day as the first woman to be elected to the U.S Senate.
- 1942: During World War II, the National War Labor Board is created by then U.S President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- 1945: The Vistula-Order Offensive is begun by the Soviets.
- 1966: S President Lyndon B. Johnson declares the the U.S should stay in South Vietnam until Communist aggression in the country has ended.
- 1998: 19 European nations agree that human cloning should be forbidden.
- 2004: The RMS Queen Mary 2 starts on its maiden voyage on this day. As of this date, it’s the largest ocean liner of its time.
- 2010: Over one hundred thousand people are killed when an earthquake strikes Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- 2016: At the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, 10 people are killed and another 15 are wounded when a bomb is set off.
Famous Birthdays on January 12
- French author Charles Perrault is born in 1628.
- English author Frances Brooke is born in 1724.
- Austrian author and physician, Gideob Brecher is born in 1797.
- American painter John Singer Sargent is born in 1856.
- American novelist and journalist, Jack London is born in 1876.
- American actor and screenwriter, Milton Sills is born in 1882.
- American actress and comedian, Patsy Kelly is born in 1910.
- German-American actress Luise Rainer is born in 1910.
- American screenwriter Paul Jarrico is born in 1915.
- American radio host, actor and author, Howard Stern is born in 1954.
- Canadian-American actor, Oliver Platt is born in 1960.