|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Revolution Anniversary||Cuba||National Holiday|
|Annexation of Guanacaste||Costa Rica||National Holiday|
|Constitution Day||Puerto Rico||Bank/public Sector Holiday|
|Culinarians Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks, Work & Occupation)|
|Republic Day||Tunisia||Public Holiday|
|National Merry-Go-Round Day||-||Unofficial (Fun & Joy)|
|National Hot Fudge Sundae Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Threading the Needle Day||-||Unofficial (Hobby & Creativity)|
|National Hire a Veteran Day||-||Unofficial (Work & Occupation)|
|National Wine and Cheese Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Refreshment Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Chili Dog Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Feast of Saint James the Apostle||Spain (GA, PV, S)||Common Local Holiday|
Historical Events on July 25
- 1547: Henry II is crowned King of France.
- 1554: Mary I and Philip II of Spain is wed at Winchester Cathedral.
- 1593: Henry IV of France goes from being a Protestant to being a Roman Catholic.
- 1609: The English vessel the Sea Venture is driven ashore during a storm at Bermuda to prevent it from sinking as it was en route to Virginia. The survivors of the vessel would create a colony there.
- 1783: The Siege of Cuddalore ends with a peace agreement during the American Revolutionary War.
- 1814: Americans attacking Canada during the War of 1812 are driven back.
- 1861: The Crittenden-Johnson Resolution is passed by the U.S Congress during the American Civil War. This resolution states that war is being fought to preserve the Union and not specifically to end the practice of slavery.
- 1866: The rank of General of the Army is authorized by legislation the United States Congress passed. Lieutenant General Ulysses S. Grant is the first person to be promoted to this rank.
- 1868: Wyoming becomes a U.S Territory.
- 1934: Austrian Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss is assassinated by the Nazi Party as they try to attempt a failed coup.
- 1940: The Swiss Army is ordered to resist invasion by the Germans by General Henri Guisan.
- 1942: Nonviolent resistance to the German occupation is called for in the Norwegian Manifesto.
- 1943: The Grand Council of Fascism forces Benito Mussolini out of office and replaces him with Pietr Badoglio.
- 1944: Operation Spring occurs during World War 2.
- 1946: An atomic bomb is detonated underwater during Operation Crossroads at the Bikini Atoll lagoon.
Famous Birthdays on July 25
- Bulgarian-Swiss novelist, playwright and Nobel Prize laureate, Elias Canetti is born in 1905.
- American actor Jack Gilford is born in 1908.
- American actress Estelle Getty is born in 1923.
- American bass player Verdine White is born in 1951.
- American photographer Justice Howard is born in 1960.
- American author and journalist Anne Applebaum is born in 1964.
- American singer-songwriter Marty Brown is born in 1965.