|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Opium Suppression Movement Day||Taiwan||Observance|
|European Bicycle Day||Germany||Observance|
|Martyr's Day||Uganda||Public Holiday|
|National Egg Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Repeat Day||-||Unofficial (Activity & Action)|
|National Chocolate Macaroons Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Leave The Office Early Day||-||Unofficial (Work & Occupation)|
|Jefferson Davis' Birthday||United States (Florida)||Local Observance|
|Jefferson Davis' Birthday||United States (Alabama)||State Holiday|
|Corpus Christi||Colombia||National Holiday|
|Western Australia Day||Australia (Western Australia)||Common State Holiday|
|Queen's Birthday||Multiple [Show]||Multiple Types|
|Gawai Dayak Holiday observed||Malaysia (Sarawak)||Common Local Holiday|
|June Bank Holiday||Ireland||National Holiday|
Historical Events on June 3
- 1861: Confederate forces are routed by Union forces in Barbour County, Virginia at the Battle of Philippi during the American Civil War.
- 1864: During the American Civil War, Confederate troops are attacked by Union troops at the Battle of Cold Harbor in Hanover County, Virginia.
- 1885: Big Bear escapes the North-West Mounted Police on this day.
- 1889: A power line connecting a generator in Willamette Falls and Portland, Oregon is finished on this day. It ran for 14-miles and is the first long-distance electric power line in the U.S.
- 1916: The size of the U.S National Guard is approved to be increased to over 450,000 troops thanks to the National Defense Act being signed into law on this day.
- 1935: A protest trek begins by unemployed Canadian workers who board freight trains in Vancouver on their way to Ottawa.
- 1940: Paris is heavily bombed by the German Luftwaffe during World War 2.
- 1940: During World War 2, The Battle of Dunkirk comes to an end with Germany winning the battle and Allied forces being forced to retreat.
- 1940: The plan by Franz Rademacher to make Madagascar the “Home of the Jews” is forwarded on this day.
- 1941: The Greek village of Kandanos is burned to the ground and all of its residents – almost 200 people – are murdered by the Wehrmacht during World War 2.
- 1942: Unalaska Island is bombed by the Japanese as the begin their Aleutian Islands Campaign during World War 2.
- 1943: During the Zoot Suit Riots in Los Angeles, United States Sailors and Marines clash with young Latinos.
Famous Birthdays on June 3
- American Colonel and President of the Confederate States of America, Jefferson Davis is born in 1808.
- Dutch painter Johan Jongkind is born in 1819.
- French painter and illustrator, Raoul Dufy is born in 1877.
- American surgeon and physician, Charles R. Drew is born in 1904.
- American actress and model, Paulette Goddard is born in 1910.
- American actress and screenwriter, Ellen Corby is born in 1911.