|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Martyrs' Day||Madagascar||Public Holiday|
|Smoke and Mirrors Day||-||Unofficial (Art & Entertainment, Hobby & Creativity)|
|Commemoration of Boganda||Central African Republic||Public Holiday|
|National Vietnam War Veterans Day||United States||Observance|
|National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day||-||Unofficial (Work & Occupation)|
|National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Little Red Wagon Day||-||Unofficial (Relationships & Family)|
|Manatee Appreciation Day||-||Unofficial (Animals)|
|World Piano Day||-||Unofficial (Art & Entertainment)|
Historical Events on March 29
- 1806: Great National Pike – also known as Cumberland Road – is authorized on this day. It’s the 1stS federal highway.
- 1809: After a coup d’etat, King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden abdicates the throne.
- 1831: During the Great Bosnian Uprising, Bosniaks rebel against Turkey.
- 1847: After sieging Veracruz for a period of time, General Winfield and his U.S Forces finally take it during the Mexican American War.
- 1849: Punjab, India is annexed by the U.K.
- 1865: As the Appomattox Campaign starts, Major General Philip Sheridan attempts to flank Confederate forces led by General Robert E. Lee.
- 1879: Over twenty thousand Zulu warriors are defeated by British forces at the Battle of Kambula during the Anglo-Zulu War.
- 1882: On this day, the Knights of Columbus are founded.
- 1886: In an Atlanta backyard, John Pemberton brews the very first batch of Coca-Cola.
- 1911: The .45 ACP pistol, the M1911 officially becomes the side arm of the United States Army.
- 1936: Adolf Hitler receives 99% of the votes in Germany in a referendum to ratify Germany’s illegal remilitarization and reoccupation of the Rhineland.
- 1941: At the Battle of Cape Matapan during WWII, the Royal Australian Navy and the British Royal Navy defeat the Italian Regia Marina off the coast of Greece.
- 1945: The last of the V-1 flying bomb attacks on England occur during WWII.
- 1945: Soviet forces all but destroy the German 4th Army during World War II.
Famous Birthdays on March 29
- American lawyer and 10th President of the U.S., John Tyler is born in 1790.
- American wife of U.S President Herbert Hoover, Lou Henry Hoover is born in 1874.
- American actor Warner Baxter is born in 1889.
- American model and actress Jill Goodacre is born in 1964.
- Australian model and actress Elle Macpherson is born in 1964.
- New Zealand actress Lucy Lawless is born in 1968.