|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Statehood Day||Croatia||National Holiday|
|Anguilla Day||Anguilla||Public Holiday|
|Day of the Canary Islands||Spain (Canary Islands)||Local Holiday|
|National Creativity Day||-||Unofficial (Hobby & Creativity)|
|National Water a Flower Day||-||Unofficial (Nature & Environment)|
|National Hole In My Bucket Day||-||Unofficial (Fun & Joy, Weird & Obscure)|
|National Mint Julep Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Loomis Day||-||Unofficial (Products & Technology )|
|Indian Arrival Day||Trinidad and Tobago||Public Holiday|
|Harvest Festival||Malaysia (Labuan, Sabah)||Common Local Holiday|
Historical Events on May 30
- 1574: Henry III is crowned the King of France.
- 1588: The Spanish Armada’s last ship sets sail from Lisbon.
- 1631: The first French newspaper is published on this day: The Gazette de France.
- 1635: The Peace of Prague is signed during the 30 Years War.
- 1806: Andrew Jackson Kills Charles Dickinson in a duel.
- 1814: The Treaty of Paris is signed during the War of the Sixth Coalition.
- 1814: Napoleon is exiled to Elba.
- 1854: The Kansas–Nebraska Act is enacted. This establishes the territories of Nebraska and Kansas in the United States.
- 1868: Decoration Day is observed for the first time in the U.S. Decoration Day was the predecessor to Memorial Day.
- 1883: A stampeded on the Brooklyn Bridge kills 12 people in New York City.
- 1899: Pearl Hart – also known as The Bandit Queen – robs a stage coach that was about thirty miles southeast of the town of Globe in Arizona.
- 1941: In Greece, Apostolos Santas and Manolis Glezos climb the Acropolis and rip down the German Flag during World War 2.
- 1942: 1,000 British bombers attack Cologne, Germany. The attack last over an hour and a half.
- 1943: Josef Mengele is appointed as the Chief Medical Officer of the Romani family camp at Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
- 1971: Mariner 9 is launched. It’s mission is to map approximately 70% of Mars and to study changes in the atmosphere of the Red Planet.
- 1975: The European Space Agency is founded on this day.
- 1998: An earthquake in the Takhar Province of Northern Afghanistan kills approximately forty-five hundred people.
- 1998: In the Kharan Desert, Pakistan does an underground test of a nuclear bomb. It’s believed that it was a plutonium bomb with a yield of at least 20,000 Kilotons of TNT.
Famous Birthdays on May 30
- American singer-songwriter and actress, Wynonna Judd is born in 1964.
- English singer-songwriter Tim Burgess is born in 1967.
- English screenwriter and director, Duncan Jones is born in 1971.