|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Beginning of the War of Independence||Cuba||National Holiday|
|Fiji Day||Fiji||Public Holiday|
|World Mental Health Day||-||International (Health & Body, United Nations)|
|National Day/Double Tenth Day||Taiwan||National Holiday|
|Curaçao Day||Curacao||Public Holiday|
|Day of the Maroons||Suriname||Public Holiday|
|Party Foundation Day||North Korea||Public Holiday|
|National Angel Food Cake Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Cake Decorating Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Handbag Day||-||Unofficial (Lifestyle)|
|Ada Lovelace Day||-||Unofficial (Products & Technology , Science)|
|Plebiscite Day||Austria (Carinthia)||State Holiday|
|Moi Day||Kenya||Public Holiday|
|World Homeless Day||-||Unofficial (Awareness & Cause)|
|World Porridge Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Hug A Drummer Day||-||Unofficial (Art & Entertainment)|
|National Face Your Fears Day||-||Unofficial (Health & Body)|
Historical Events on October 10
- 1845: The Naval School in Annapolis, Maryland that later was renamed the U.S Naval Academy, opens up on this day with 7 professors and about 50 students.
- 1846: English astronomer William Lassell discovers the largest moon of the planet Neptune – the moon later named Triton.
- 1871: After a mishap at a barn, a fire rages across Chicago and would last a total of three days.
- 1903: Emmeline Pankhurst founds the Women’s Social and Political Union.
- 1953: A Mutual Defense Treaty is formalized between the U.S and the Republic of Korea in Washington, D.C.
- 1957: United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower issues a formal apology to the finance minister of Ghana – Komla Agbeli Gbedemah – when he is refused service in a Dover, Delaware restaurant.
- 1963: The Partial Nuclear Test Ban Treaty begins.
- 1967: The Outer Space Treaty begins. This treaty was signed on January 27th by 60+ nations and establishes international space law.
- 1971: The 19th century “New London Bridge” is sold, disassembled and shipped to the U.S. It now resides in Lake Havasu City, Nevada.
- 1973:S. Vice President Spiro Agnew resigns after allegations of him evading Federal income taxes.
Famous Birthdays on October 10
- Isabella II of Spain is born in 1830.
- American colonel Robert Gould Shaw is born in 1837.
- American painter Maurice Prendergast is born in 1858.
- Norwegian explorer and Nobel Prize laureate Fridtjof Nansen is born in 1861.
- Australian author, poet and journalist Louise Mack is born in 1870.
- English playwright,screenwriter and Nobel Prize laureate, Harold Pinter is born in 1930.
- German physicists, chemist and Nobel Prize laureate, Gerhard Ertle is born in 1936.
- American novelist and short story writer, Lily Tuck is born in 1938.
- American actor, screenwriter and director Peter Coyote is born in 1941.
- American singer-songwriter David Lee Roth is born in 1954.
- Japanese author and illustrator Rumiko Takahashi is born in 1957.
- American singer-songwriter Tanya Tucker is born in 1958.