|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|National Foundation Day||South Korea||National Holiday|
|Iraqi Independence Day||Iraq||National Holiday|
|Morazan´s Day||Honduras||National Holiday|
|National Boyfriend Day||-||(Relationships & Family)|
|National Techies Day||-||Unofficial (Hobby & Creativity, Products & Technology )|
|National Consignment Day||-||Unofficial (Lifestyle)|
|Thanksgiving Day||Saint Lucia||Public Holiday|
|Child Health Day||United States||Observance|
|Peat Cutting Monday||Falkland Islands||Public Holiday|
|Queen's Birthday||Australia (Queensland)||Common State Holiday|
|Labor Day||Australia (ACT, NSW, SA)||Common State Holiday|
|World Habitat Day||-||International (Nature & Environment, United Nations)|
|National Day Golden Week holiday||China||National Holiday|
|Day of German Unity||Germany||National Holiday|
|World Day Of Bullying Prevention||-||Unofficial (Awareness & Cause)|
|Virus Appreciation Day||-||Unofficial (Health & Body)|
|World Architecture Day||-||International (Work & Occupation)|
Historical Events on October 3
- 42 B.C: During the First Battle of Philippi, Mark Antony and Octavian fight a battle against the assassins of Caesar, Brutus and Cassius.
- 382: The Goths sign a peace treaty with Roman Emperor Theodosius. The terms of the treaty state resettles the Goths in the Balkans in exchange for military service.
- 1392: Muhammed VII becomes the 12th Sultan of the Emirate of Granada.
- 1712: An arrest warrant is issued by the Duke of Montrose for the arrest of Rob Roy MacGregor.
- 1795: In Curacao, rebel slave leader Tula is executed.
- 1835: Fine writing instrument company – Staedtler – is founded in Nuremberg, Germany.
- 1849: In what would be the last appearance in public before his death, American author Edgar Allan Poe is found in a gutter in Baltimore under mysterious circumstances.
- 1863: United States President Abraham Lincoln names the last Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day.
- 1872: At 938 Third Avenue in New York, the Bloomingdale bros open up their very first store.
- 1952: The U.K becomes the world’s third nuclear power when it successfully tests a nuclear weapon on this day.
- 1957: Allen Ginsberg’s poem Howl and Other Poems is ruled to be not obscene by the California State Superior Court.
- 1962: Astronaut Wally Schirra is launched into space for a six-orbit nine-hour flight aboard Sigma 7.
- 1985: The maiden flight of the Space Shuttle Atlantis starts on this day. It’s Mission STS-51-J.
Famous Birthdays on October 3
- American historian, politician and “Father of American History,” George Bancroft is born in 1800.
- French author and educator, Allan Kardec is born in 1804.
- American actor and screenwriter Wade Boteler is born in 1888.
- German journalist and Nobel Prize laureate, Carl von Ossietzky is born in 1889.
- Italian author and poet, Giovanni Comisso is born in 1895.
- Russian poet Sergei Yesenin is born in 1895.
- Spanish poet Gerardo Diego is born in 1896.
- French author and poet Louis Aragon is born in 1897.
- American actress, screenwriter and producer Gertrude Berg is born in 1899.
- American novelist Thomas Wolfe is born in 1900.
- American singer-songwriter Gwen Stefani is born in 1969.