|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Chaco Armistice||Paraguay||National Holiday|
|Brazilian Valentine's Day||Brazil||Observance|
|World Day Against Child Labour||-||International (Awareness & Cause, United Nations)|
|National Red Rose Day||-||Unofficial (Nature & Environment, Relationships & Family)|
|National Jerky Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Peanut Butter Cookie Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Loving Day||-||Unofficial (Relationships & Family)|
|National Children’s Day||United States|
|Trinity Sunday||Multiple [Show]||Christian|
|Independence Day||Philippines||Regular Holiday|
|Russia Day||Russia||National Holiday|
|Orthodox Pentecost||Multiple [Show]||National Holiday, Orthodox|
|Democracy Day||Nigeria||Public Holiday|
Historical Events on June 12
- 1429: During the 100 Years War, the French army – led by Joan of Arc – captures English commander William de la Pole on the 2nd day of the Battle of Jargeau.
- 1550: King Gustav I of Sweden, founds the city of Helsinki in Finland. At this time, Finland was a territory owned by Sweden.
- 1653: The Battle of the Gabbard starts during the First Anglo-Dutch War. It will last until the following day.
- 1775: British General Thomas Gage declares martial law in the Massachusetts. He also orders that Samuel Adams and John Hancock be hanged, if they are captured.
- 1864: Ulysses S. Grants pulls Union troops from Cold Harbor Virginia and head south. This allows Confederate forces to occupy the Union’s previously held position.
- 1899: The New Richmond tornado kills almost 120 people and injures over 200.
- 1939: Shooting on the first horror film to be photographed in Technicolor begins today. The movie is Dr. Cyclops by Paramount Pictures.
- 1939: The Baseball Hall of Fame opens its door to the public in Cooperstown, New York.
- 1940: Approximately 13,000 French and British forces surrender to Major General Erwin Rommel at Saint-Valery-en-Caux during World War 2.
- 1942: A diary is given to Anne Frank for her 13th
Famous Birthdays on June 12
- American businessman and banker, David Rockefeller is born in 1915.
- American director Irwin Allen is born in 1916.
- American Lieutenant and 41st President of the U.S., George H.W. Bush is born in 1924.
- German-Dutch diarist & Holocaust victim, Anne Frank is born in 1929.
- American journalist Kent Jones is born in 1964.
- American actress Paula Marshall is born in 1964.
- English actress Cathy Tyson is born in 1965.
- American football player Dallas Clark is born in 1979.
- Brazilian model and actress, Adriana Lima is born in 1981.
- American singer-songwriter Dave Melillo is born in 1988.
- Canadian actor Dakota Morton is born in 1988.
- American basketball player Jrue Holiday is born in 1990.