|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Anniversary of the Memorandum of the Slovak Nation||Slovakia||Observance|
|Sette Giugno||Malta||National Holiday|
|Dissolution of union with Sweden (1905)||Norway||Flag Day|
|National Boone Day||-||Unofficial (Culture & History)|
|National Chocolate Ice Cream Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National VCR Day||-||Unofficial (Products & Technology )|
|National Donut Day||-||(Food & Drinks)|
|Randol Fawkes Labour Day||The Bahamas||Public Holiday|
|T. T. Bank Holiday||Isle of Man||Public Holiday|
Historical Events on June 7
- 1654: Louis XIV becomes the King of France on this day.
- 1692: Port Royal in Jamaica is stuck by an earthquake. Over three thousand people are seriously hurt and over sixteen hundred are killed.
- 1776: Richard Henry Lee gives the Continental Congress his Lee Resolution. This resolution would eventually lead to the U.S declaring independence from Great Britain.
- 1832: Quebec is hit with Asian cholera that kills approximately six thousand people in Lower Canada.
- 1862: The U.S and the U.K formally sign the Lyons-Seward Treaty, an act that is an agreement that the two countries will do their part to suppress the African slave trade.
- 1863: French forces capture Mexico City in Mexico on this day.
- 1899: Carrie Nation – an American temperance crusader – begins vandalizing bars, taverns, saloons and pubs that serve alcohol. She starts with a saloon in Kiowa, Kansas.
- 1917: A series of mines underneath German trenches at Messines Ridge is detonated by Allied troops at the Battle of Messines during World War I. Approximately ten thousand German forces are killed.
- 1929: The “Roman Question” is settled when the Lateran Treaty is officially ratified and Vatican City comes into existence.
- 1942: The Battle of Midway ends during World War II. It’s a decisive American victory.
- 1942: Japanese forces begin occupying the island of Attu and Kiska in the American Aleutian Islands located off of Alaska.
- 1944: Twenty-three Canadian POWs are murdered at Ardenne Abbey by German soldiers belonging to the SS Division Hitlerjugend during World War 2.
Famous Birthdays on June 7
- French painter and sculptor, Paul Gauguin is born in 1848.
- Slovak-German physicist and Nobel Prize laureate, Philipp Lenard is born in 1862.
- English-American actress, Jessica Tandy is born in 1909.
- Welsh singer Tom Jones is born in 1940.
- Irish-American actor Liam Neeson is born in 1952.
- American politician and 48th Vice President of the U.S., Mike Pence is born in 1960.
- American singer-songwriter and actor, Prince is born in 1958.
- Canadian actor Michael Cera is born in 1988.
- Canadian NHL player Milan Lucic is born in 1988.