|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction||-||International (Awareness & Cause, Nature & Environment, United Nations)|
|Prince Louis Rwagasore Day||Burundi||Public Holiday|
|International Skeptics Day||-||International (Weird & Obscure)|
|Navy Birthday||United States||Observance|
|National No Bra Day||-||Unofficial (Awareness & Cause, Health & Body)|
|National Train Your Brain Day||-||Unofficial (Activity & Action, Health & Body)|
|National Yorkshire Pudding Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Friday the 13th||-||International (Fun & Joy)|
|Birthday of the Governor of Malacca||Malaysia (Malacca)||Common Local Holiday|
|Anniversary of the Death of King Bhumibol||Thailand||National Holiday|
|National M&M Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|World Egg Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Vet Nurse Day||-||Unofficial (Animals, Work & Occupation)|
|Developmental Language Disorder Awareness Day||-||Unofficial (Awareness & Cause, Health & Body)|
Historical Events on October 13
- 1582: Due to the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar, this day doesn’t exist in 1582 in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1773: Charles Messier discovers the Whirlpool Galaxy.
- 1775: The U.S. Continental Congress establishes the Continental Navy.
- 1792: The cornerstone of the U.S Executive Mansion – which would later be called the White House – is laid in Washington, D.C.
- 1917: Thousands of people in Fatima, Portugal claim to have seen the sun dancing in an event that is now known as Miracle of the Sun. Skeptics have doubted the veracity of these claims.
- 1923: Ankara becomes the capital of Turkey.
- 1943: The newly formed government of Italy takes the Allied side and declares war on Germany.
- 1944: Latvia’s capital Riga is occupied by Russian forces.
Famous Birthdays on October 13
- American actor Robert Walker is born in 1918.
- American actress Laraine Day is born in 1920.
- American screenwriter John C. Champion is born in 1923.
- English author and playwright Rosemary Anne Sisson is born in 1923.
- English chemist and politician Margaret Thatcher is born in 1925.
- American bassist and cellist Ray Brown is born in 1926.
- American screenwriter Bruce Geller is born in 1930.
- American actress Kelly Preston is born in 1962.
- American engineer and TV host Chip Foose is born in 1963.
- Belgian cyclist Johan Museeuw is born in 1965.
- English tenor Paul Potts is born in 1970.
- American TV journalist and radio host Billy Bush is born in 1971.
- American basketball player Paul Pierce is born in 1977.
- English footballer Wes Brown is born in 1979.
- American singer-songwriter Ashanti is born in 1980.
- English footballer Ryan Ashford is born in 1981.
- Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe is born in 1982.
- Mexican footballer Enrique Perez is born in 1988.